Sunday, April 3, 2011

St. Patty's

As you may remember from my posts last year around St. Patrick’s Day I really enjoy the green gilded holiday. Maybe it is because of the bit of Irish blood in me. Maybe it is because I Celtic danced for so long, or maybe it’s because I just really like the music, the leprechaun legends, the accent, or even it’s because of the movie Darby O’Gill and the Little People. Either way it truly is one of my favorite celebrations.

This day of green I was able to partake in a special treat. My dear friend Cindy asked if I would like to ride in the Salt Lake St. Patrick’s Day Parade. CHyA!

 Adam was waiting for the parade to begin.

Aussie seemed to enjoy herself...SHe even wore her green!

Me on Tonka...A 16 hand beauty!

We were in front of a little Irish dance group, and I swear Tonka was trotting to the music he was also posing for pictures!



Everyone kept asking me if I had a fake leg so I had to keep wiggling them to prove it.


This dress, not to mention saddle, was made for someone taller than I.

Adam followed us to the end of the parade route. No one questioned whether he was part of the parade. I think its because of Aussie wore her green.

2 comments:

Lisha said...

Hi my name is Lisha Myers. I used to go to High School with Adam. My friend was dating one of his friends and that's how we all got to know each other. Some how in looking up old high school friends to see what we are all up to these days I stumbled across your blog. I must say that I have enjoyed reading about you. Not in the creepy blog stalker kind of way. I was curious what Adam was up to these days and then got caught up in reading about YOU and what an amazing person you are. I think you are the super fun kind of person that I would like to be. I love all the fun projects you do and your thoughtful spin on things really gets me thinking sometimes, so THANK YOU for that! I particularly loved this post because 1. I love St. Patricks Day. 2. I LOVE horses! and 3. I love the movie Darby O'Gill and the little people. So thank you for being such a wonderful and inspirational person and I hope you don't mind if I read your blog from time to time. :)
-Lisha

KingFlitton said...

Not at all :)