Monday, January 24, 2011

Projects

So I have already started…let alone finished quite a few projects this years.  I have limited time and don’t get the chance to work on “extra-curricular” activities let alone photograph them.  However, I’ve decided that along with my goal to journal slash blog more I am also going to spend more time on documenting the things I’ve been working on. 
While thinking about all the new things I want to try this coming year (here I come sewing machine!) I thought about all the things I did last year and figured that I should probably document some of those … I must admit that I didn’t photograph all of what I worked on … ok most of what I worked on.  Pathetic I know.  Needless to say I have given away half of everything I made.  
So here is my pathetic try of recording last year’s attempts at craftiness.
First off “The TuTu”
For my niece’s 1st birthday, I created my own version of a dress up Tutu and a wire ribbon flower.
I ended putting the tutu on Toto (HA a tutu on Toto…that’s funny) because it looked pathetic just lying on my living room floor








Baptism Filet
I wanted to do something special for my nieces 8th birthday and her baptism.
So I crocheted her name.


Ear warmers and scarves
I was hired to make a barrage of ear warmers and scarves for a friend’s seven granddaughters.  My goal was to finish them in two weeks…it took three.  I enlisted some help. FYI: I didn't pick out the yarn...not my style


These two flowers are my favorite










My help

This is what I got when I asked him to sit up straight...apparently this is his impression of me...
Not sure how I feel about that

 He did a really good job.  Check out the length on the scarf.

 Last but not least:  Marine Corp Coat of Arms
This took me about a month to do.   Grandma was proud about the lace. Gubby just saluted.  He didn’t care how or who made it as long as it was Marine.


I hope you enjoyed 2010 in a glance.  Hopefully this coming year I will get better at the whole taking pictures of things before I give them away. 

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I too have a major problem of remembering to take pictures before giving things away!

I didn't know you made Maggie's name. I love it!

And the earwarmers and scarves and cute--I hadn't seen them. Adam really helped?!? I'm impressed!

Jamie said...

Mmkay. That tutu is so dang cute I may have to try and make one. Or ask for help making one. Or buy one. Or just pretend I have one. I'm noncommittal.

I'm so new to the whole crochet thing! Those are incredible things you've done!

Maggie said...

Nice! I'm impressed at your making-things skills. I'm trying to gain some myself. And I think it's cool that you have a niece named Maggie! Way to have a niece with an awesome name. :)

Kari said...

Wow, you have been quite crafty! I am most impressed with the Marine crochet!

the Jorgensens said...

I'm a HUGE fan of the earwarmers! Those flowers are so cute! Gosh, Sara, why do you have to be so talented???

Liz said...

Adam knows how to crochet????!!! Maybe you could teach Jake and I. I would love to relearn how to crochet. Jake would too, although he probably would never admit it. ;)