Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Decorating

Christmas has done the inevitable wind down and New Years is practically old news now. I have done the holiday clean up and even got a head start on my spring-cleaning while I was at it. I must admit that the house feels a bit empty now. No more festive decorations with their warm reds and vintage greens adorning every nook and cranny…in fact you could say that the nooks and crannies look barer than ever. It has put me into decorating mood, which is always dangerous and usually more expensive than intended.

Though it never hurts to make a wish slash “to do” list
First of: The walls

I love this configuration.  I have plenty of pictures I want to hang…the question is, where to find the frames? Any ideas?
Simple, almost scrapbook-y piece of art I really like the idea of having a low-cost piece that I can create myself that will add color as well as tie in pieces from the whole room.
Next: The pillows
I’ve always been told that throw pillows can make a room…I hope so because these are my next projects.
These smocked-ish pillows from Martha Stewart add color as well as texture and dimension.  I don’t get the directions they give, but thats why I have an incredible Aunt who I hope does because I love these pillows!

Last but not least, the Target inspired lucy flowered pillow from Trey and Lucy…All I can say is they look fun! I think I will use a bit different coloring, but you get the idea.
Now only time will tell how this all fits together.  Updates to come I am sure

2 comments:

AJ said...

Oh how cute. Make me one!!!

KingFlitton said...

What colors would you like