Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Time to Celebrate

Adam and my Christmas was absolutely fantastic. It was days spent with all those we love and care about…What more could we ask for? It was a white Christmas in our own house, with our own tree, and our own puppy. All I can complain about is that the Christmas vacation was not as long as hoped. I worked right up till the afternoon of Christmas Eve so I didn’t get much of a break but the time I had was well used. Besides I don’t mind the work I do.

I must admit that I am already missing the Christmas music, lights, food, and parties. But the New Year is upon us and that is indeed time to celebrate. It’s a time of reflection upon the old and preparation for the new. It is still a time for family, light, and music…whether it be Christmas-ee or not.

The Coming of the New Year always makes me think of the poem by Robert Frost.

Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

We'll each have paths to choose from in the coming year. We need to remember our promises, promises to others, to ourselves, and to God. No matter how tempting the lovely woods may be we have “miles to go before [we] sleep”.

I hope that you all had a very merry Christmas and I wish you the most joyous of New Years!

1 comment:

Tipsy said...

You always know how to shine the brightest light on the most positive truths of the world.