Saturday, December 12, 2009

Blanket


I have been told that I need to post pictures of my latest project. My grandmother taught me how to Fillet crochet and this is my first (if you don’t count the 3 inch  frog I began with) finished Filet project! I think it turned out rather well. The pictures don’t give it much justice, but you’ll get the basic idea. Also this is a birthday slash Christmas present…so don’t tell my aunt.
p.s. They’re roses


Here is the blanket in its entirety. It’s a throw measuring 4 X 6 feet.
You can’t see much detail in this picture so I took some close ups.


A close up of one of the panels. The angle is kind of funny. Sorry about that


The blue background helped the image come out.



The yarn is really soft. It is also eco friendly. It is made from recycled plastic bottles.
Weird I know, BUT SO COOL. I can crochet with plastic bottles, what can you do?



So that’s it! That is my blanket. I’m excited that I am able to do something that my Grandma taught me…Granted I am defiantly not as talented as her yet, but I’ll get there. And who knows maybe one day I will be able to make family heirlooms that my grandchildren will fight over for years to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey cute blanket! I love doing this type of crochet. I remember doing it as one of my first projects too, but it would take a bit to find it now... o well that's what happens when you move. It would be fun to get together sometime and maybe create something together! Just an idea...

Angie&Blake said...

Awesome job, Sara! My grandma did some awesome crocheting too! Now that she's no longer with us- we do feel extremely honored when we get to have something she did. I remember one Christmas, Kristin and I each got a doilie that she made and they were framed! I wish I could've learned how to do that from her-- that is really special! Great job!
~Angie